Joseph M. Marrone
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Joseph M. Marrone, Esquire founded the Marrone Law Firm, LLC in 1993. Since founding the law firm, Joseph has successfully served as the firm’s Managing Partner. He has worked tirelessly to build his firm from the ground up, developing a reputation for dedication and a willingness to fight for the needs of those he represents. The heart of the Marrone Law Firm, LLC is based in Center City Philadelphia, which has allowed Joseph to cultivate a strong foundation in the Philadelphia metro area. In order to better his serve clients, Joseph expanded his practice into New Jersey, with an additional office in Cherry Hill.
Joseph, a native of Philadelphia, received his Bachelor of Science in Finance from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He went on to pursue his Juris Doctor from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. Joseph graduated from law school in 1991, and then earned bar admissions in New Jersey (1991), Pennsylvania (1992), and New York (2004). He is also licensed to practice in the U.S. District Courts of the aforementioned states, the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. After graduating law school, Joseph worked as a political advisor to former Governor of Pennsylvania Edward Rendell for his mayoral campaign in Philadelphia. Shortly thereafter, he was appointed Assistant City Solicitor in the Rendell administration and spent countless hours representing the City of Philadelphia.
Over the past two decades, Joseph Marrone has consistently represented clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region in a variety of legal matters. Marrone Law Firm, LLC has developed into a high-end, high-powered litigation firm that focuses on catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. Joseph has extensive experience and has achieved impressive results trying cases involving personal injury, product liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, and motor vehicle accident matters. Additionally, Joseph has a longstanding career as a criminal defense attorney who has won many notable verdicts. His legal acumen also extends to representing many prominent clients in the music and film industries.
During his professional career, Joseph has taken on a number of high-profile cases resulting in multi-million dollar verdicts or settlements. Some of Joseph’s most noteworthy settlements include a $227 million dollar unprecedented settlement for a building collapse case in Philadelphia, a $17 million dollar settlement for a medical malpractice lawsuit when a man was admitted to a local hospital for an elective heart procedure which left him permanently incapacitated, a $4 million dollar settlement for the estate of a woman who died as a result of hospital malpractice, a $2.9 million dollar settlement for a man who drowned at a New York resort, a $2 million dollar settlement for the estate of a New Jersey State Trooper killed in car accident, a $2 million dollar settlement against a major casino corporation on behalf of a noteworthy entertainer involved in a limo accident, a $1.5 million dollar settlement following the death of a newborn due to the hospital’s failure to maintain proper records, and a $1.2 million dollar verdict in a civil rights lawsuit against an Atlantic City police officer.
In addition to achieving impressive results for his clients, Joseph was selected as an “Awesome Attorney” in South Jersey Magazine by readers’ choice in 2014, 2016, and 2017; and as a 2014 “Top Attorney” in Philadelphia Life/Suburban Life Magazine in December 2014. Joseph was also honored by U.S. News and World Report in 2016 and 2017 in the category of “Best Law Firms” for the areas of Plaintiff Personal Injury Litigation and Plaintiff Medical Malpractice Law. In both 2016 and 2017, the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys recognized his achievements by awarding him the prestigious “10 Best” Personal Injury Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Pennsylvania. Also in 2017, Joseph Marrone was invited for membership in the prestigious “Million Dollar Advocates Forum” in recognition of achieving multiple settlements in excess of a million dollars for his clients. Membership in this elite group is limited to less than 1% of attorneys in the United States.
In recognition of Joseph Marrone’s efforts in the area of community outreach, he was selected in 2017 to become a member of the Governing Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Philadelphia – Independence Region. This organization is a one-to-one, non-profit, mentoring organization which is making a significant impact on youth in need at the national level.
Due to his impressive level of achievement and the incredible amount of respect gained among his peers during his tenure in the legal field, Joseph has appeared numerous times on NBC and FOX as a legal analyst both locally and nationally.
In addition to appearing on television, Joseph has been invited to speak on multiple radio shows, including becoming a regular legal contributor on the nationally syndicated iHeart Radio show, “This Morning – America’s First News with Gordon Deal.” Joseph speaks on a variety of legal topics that are making today’s headlines.
- New Jersey, 1991
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- New York, 2004
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1996
- “Best Law Firms” by US News & World Report – Best Lawyers® in 2017. Joseph Marrone was selected for the areas of Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice Law.
- “10 Best” Personal Injury Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Pennsylvania – 2017. This prestigious award is an honor given by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- “Best Law Firms” by US News & World Report – Best Lawyers® in 2016. Joseph Marrone was selected for the areas of Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice Law.
- “10 Best” Personal Injury Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Pennsylvania – 2016. This prestigious award is an honor given by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America for Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation.
- “Awesome Attorney” 2016 – Personal Injury in South Jersey Magazine by readers’ choice.
- “Top Attorney” 2015 in Philadelphia Life/Suburban Life Magazine.
- “Awesome Attorney” 2014 – Personal Injury in South Jersey Magazine by readers’ choice.
- “Top Attorney” 2014 in Philadelphia Life/Suburban Life Magazine.
- New York Bar State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Justice Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum